Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The quality of your life is up to you.

"It's your unlimited power to care and to love that can make the biggest difference in the quality of your life.” Anthony Robbins

Powerful statement.

And a little annoying. You mean its up to me if I have a good life, if I am happy, if I am satisfied. It's up to me? I don't know if I can take that pressure. Its much easier to blame the spouse, a friend, or the dog for making my life miserable. It can't be me.

He wronged me by coming home late. (I'm so mad! Bad husband.)

She didn't call when she said she would call. (She must hate me! Bad friend.)

He ate my favorite shoes. (He did it on purpose! Bad dog.)

It's all about us, and our happiness. We put it on everyone around us. You! Make me happy!

I'm starting to wonder if that's where "guilt" comes from. We all know the pressure's put upon us. We want to make everyone happy. We know they depend on us to make them happy. And at the same time, we are putting that same responsibility on other's to do for us.

Maybe he's home late because he has a bad day at work and was just trying to get caught up.

Maybe she didn't call because her car broke-down in the middle of the freeway.

Maybe he ate the shoes because he was lonely.

Maybe it has nothing to do with us at all.

But we get so caught up in our own world and our own needs we push other's aside.

"It's your unlimited power to care and to love that can make the biggest difference in the quality of your life.” Anthony Robbins

What if instead of questioning the loved ones in our lives we just showed them compassion. Gave them the unlimited power of our love and care. What if we did that for ourselves? What would it look like if the pressure was off?

What would your world look like? In turn, what would the world look like through the eyes of the friends and family members standing next to you?

How about a 10 day challenge? For 10 days try to see the world through the eyes of the people you come in contact with, spouse, partner, friends, co-worker. Find the compassion for them and in turn, find the love and care for yourself. Put 100% of your happiness in your hands. And watch the magic happen.

Let me know how it goes. Good luck fellow dysfunctionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment