Sunday, October 21, 2012

Are you living in the middle of a storm?

"I've come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element in the classroom. It's my daily mood that makes the weather. As a teacher, I possess a tremendous power to make a child's life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated and a child humanized or de-humanized.” Dr. Haim Ginott

"It's my daily mood that makes the weather."

Is this not true in every aspect of our lives? Even when we are home alone watching TV. Our mood makes the weather where ever we go and with whom ever we touch.

How do you want to live your life? Not for others, but for yourself. If you find yourself frustrated, angry, or sad maybe its time to do a little digging. Maybe it's time to step-out of that feeling. Maybe it's time to find your sunshine.

What makes you happy? When you smile the biggest, when you laugh the loudest, what are you doing? When you feel most at peace, what are you doing? Who are you with? What are you most thankful for? Who are you most thankful for? How can you make time to do those things? Even if just 10 minutes a day. Time for you. Time for what re-charges you. Re-engergizes you. Takes care of you.

I believe your sunshine is right in front of you. You just need to take a step forward to find it.


2 comments:

  1. I think some people always used to be inside them mental storms, than they totally forget how to feel in peace with them selves then. Like an addiction, we stand like that until we touch the bottom of that bad feelings, and only after that you release you need, really really need, to clean your vision. I'm not trying to generalize, maybe it's only me. So I think the questions you share with us are the best form to try to find the lost happiness. Then, the real work starts learning how to reach that goals little by little. Can you share something about that with us, too?

    Thank you Diana, I really admire your work.

    Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Fernanda!

    Thank you for the post and your comments.

    Once we figure out what we want in life, we have to go get it.

    Another piece of the puzzle is "focus."

    Not only do we need to move forward but we can't lose sight of what our goals and dreams are.

    Let’s say you want to start a business.

    At first the goal/dream is fresh and exciting. We are motivated to get this business going. But quickly this dream becomes work. And no one gets excited about work.

    Quickly the focus shifts to other things. The dream is pushed aside. Until something happens to send us back into the motivated space again. The pattern repeats.

    So to help make that dream come true we need to start from the beginning. Make a list! List everything you need to do to make your dream come true. And then make the commitment that each day you will do at least 1 thing from your list.

    First, we figure out what we want. Next, we figure out what we need to do to make the dream come true. Then (most important) we do it.

    There is still a lot of work to be done while following these steps. But ultimately it’s as simple as figuring out what we really want, what it takes to get it, and then doing what it takes.

    Fernanda, I thank you again for taking the time to write. I hope I answered your question. Please feel free to send me a follow up question.

    ReplyDelete