Saturday, February 23, 2013

STOP

Just another busy day in the midst of tax season. Not much time to stop and smell the roses. Actually there isn't any time to eat, drink, or have a thought that isn't number related.

But yesterday I saw something that caught my eye. It stopped me and made me think. It was a bumper sticker. It said:

Don't always believe everything you think.

How many times do we say, I can't do it. I'm not smart enough. I don't fit in with that group.

OR maybe, I'll never have my dream come true. I can't lose the weight.

If we tell ourselves that enough, we start to believe it. It becomes fact.

If you catch yourself thinking/speaking poorly of yourself...stop yourself. Say the word STOP. Change that sentence. Replace it with what you can do, what you will do.

Becoming aware of your words is the first step to a better self image and having the life of your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment