Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Dating Game


I talk often about following your dreams. I want to encourage people to follow their dreams because I know how it feels when a dream comes true. For me, I would dream of be a published writer. I wanted to walk in a store and see by book on the bookshelf. I wanted to pull it out, flip through the pages and say "I did it."

It was one of those things I always wanted to do. But never really thought I could. Who am I? Why would someone read my stories? I must be delusional.

Funny thing, when my first story was accepted by Chicken Soup in 2011 my first that was "Got lucky." It couldn't be anything other than luck. When my second story was accepted I thought "They must not have had many submissions."

This is now my 5th story accepted and published by Chicken Soup. I might have to actually start believing this dream of mine is no longer a dream. It's my reality. And it feels fantastic!

If you have a dream. Something in the back of your mind you've been thinking about for years. Go for it. Each day do something to work toward that goal or dream. Get equipped.

My dad has a favorite saying: Luck favors the prepared mind. Prepare for that dream of yours!

Try, just try and see what happens.

What is your dream? What can you do today to help that dream become your reality?

Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Dating Game will be in stores (on Amazon) for purchase December 17th.

No comments:

Post a Comment